THE smoothie for Perimenopause!
Designed for women 40+ who want to prepare their body to breeze through perimenopause with grace, and those already in the throws of perimenopause who are desperate to reduce their tumultuous symptoms.
Choc + Blueberry smoothie options, with more on the way.
If you joined me at the masterclass last night, you'll know how significantly beneficial this smoothie is for this particular stage of life.
The functional and carefully curated ingredients work to:
1. Balance your estrogen and progesterone levels by:
a) Flushing out excess estrogen
- Through the specific inclusion of nutrients known to work their hormonal magic like phytoestrogens, good fats, B6 + calcium.
- Supporting phase 1 + 2 detoxification through 4 types of cruciferous vegetables, bile-producing foods, magneisum and choline.
- Support phase 3 detoxification through the inclusion of a significant amount of fibre.
b) Encouraging progesterone production through plenty of good fats and calcium
c) The inclusion of maca powder as an adaptogen, shown to balance hormones as needed.
2. Decrease mental health symptoms and increase brain function by:
- Supporting a robust microbiome through diversity of plant foods (15) + quantity of fibre (72-100% of your RDI).
- Providing good levels of Vitamin B6 and choline.
- Maca powder as an adaptogen to improve memory and decrease symptoms of anxiety and depression.
3. Decrease menopausal health risks:
a) Estrogen based cancers (breast, ovary and uterine)
Including foods studied to be supportive of preventing cancer
b) Heart disease
Specific nutrients to promote heart health: good fats for good HDL cholesterol production, foods known to reduce blood pressure and LDL cholesterol, and angiogenic foods rich in ellagic acid.
c) Insulin resistance + Type 2 Diabetes
Supports a healthy insulin response with complex carbohydrates, protein and good fats.
d) Bone + Muscle Mass Loss
Through plenty of quality glycine and protein.
How amazing is that?! The power of food is incredible.